To make changes to your operating system or settings, you must open the Control Panel.
Please note the different procedures under the different versions of Windows.
Here you can see how to change the following settings under Windows 7 | 8 | 10 find the control panel.
Note: If you open the "Settings" in the Start menu, you will also find some important functions here that are no longer available in the control panel since Windows 10.
1. Click on the Windows symbol at the bottom left to open the Start menu.
2. Now enter the term "Control Panel" on your keyboard.
3. The search result then appears at the top, which you can then select.
With Windows 8 you have a classic but also a sorted control panel. We show you here how to proceed for the conventional control panel.
1. Press the Windows symbol on your keyboard - this will take you to the start screen.
2. Now type "System" on your keyboard. Now you will see a search bar open in which the first result is "Control Panel".
3. Select this. Now the control panel opens.
Windows 7 & Vista
1. Go to the bottom left of the Windows icon to access the Start menu.
2. There you can see the menu item "Control Panel" on the right-hand side.
3. Click on it and the Control Panel will now open.